The Sense/Stage MiniBee is a small microcontroller board based on the Arduino, integrated with a connection for an XBee wireless chip, and a 3axis accelerometer (the ADXL345) on board. The board has a 20pin connector to hook up your own sensors. The board comes preprogrammed with firmware that allows for a wireless configuration from open source software that communicates via OpenSoundControl (OSC) with many different software environments, such as PureData, SuperCollider, Processing, and Max/MSP.
Overview of the features:
• Small footprint
• 6 analog inputs: A0, A1, A2, A3, A6, A7
• 8 digital inputs or outputs: D3, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11
• PWM (“analog”) output, at pins D3, D5, D6, D9, D10, D11
• TWI (or I2C) communication: SDA (A4), SCL (A5)
• Integrated ADXL345 – 3axis accelerometer
• Serial I/O: RX, TX (to XBee)
• Power input (between 3.3V and 5V), through battery connector and coin cell battery
• Regulated power output: 3.3V, GND
• On/off switch
• Short circuit protection with a resetting fuse
• Status LEDs for power, association with XBee network, XBee receiving data, and configuration status
• Preprogrammed with open source firmware for wireless configuration for using many common sensor configurations
• Firmware communication with open source software using OpenSoundControl (OSC), supported by many common interactive software environments (e.g. SuperCollider, Max/MSP, PureData, Processing)
• Programmable via the Arduino IDE The Sense/Stage MiniBee is preprogrammed with the standard MiniBee firmware.
A 10x2 female header is included in the package.
Full documentation on the Sense/Stage system: https://docs.sensestage.eu
Documentation of the Sense/Stage MiniBee: